College Events Calendar
Northern Illinois University is now offering no tuition or fees to students who start Fall 2020 and have a HS GPA of 3.0 and a family income of $75,000 or less.
QUESTIONS TO ASK DURING A VISIT
1. What activities and services are available to help students get settled (academically and socially) during their first year?
2. How big are the classes?
3. (Ask other students) How easy is it to meet with faculty?
4. (Ask other students) Are you able to register for the classes you want?
5. What is the total cost of attending the college?
6. What types of financial aid does the college offer and how do I apply?
7. Are all freshmen assigned to an academic adviser?
8. Where do most freshmen live?
9. Can I take a tour?
10. What activities are available for students?
11. Who teaches the courses for first-year students?
12. How successful are the college's graduates in finding jobs?
13. What services (such as transportation and shopping) are available locally?
14. What is there to do on weekends? Do most students stay on campus or leave on weekends?