We will reopen on September 11, only on Saturdays from 7 am to noon. You also can call 773-534-2346 but email is best way to contact us . We will reopen on weekdays on October 25th.
We will be closed on September 25th.
MATHER DRIVER EDUCATION
The Mather High School offers a ten-week comprehensive drivers education program as part of the Sophomore Physical Education curriculum. The concurrent program includes classroom instruction (needed as a graduation requirement for CPS students), simulation, range and traffic.
The mission of the department is to give the students the best education possible. This program is strictly enforced through state guidelines by the Illinois State Board of Education and the Office of the Secretary of State.
- Course Code: 99020
- Course Title: PE II/Drivers Ed
- Major/Minor: All
- Year taken: 10
- Level: Regular
- Prerequisites: Sophmore, 15 years old and passed 8 semester hours of academics
- Course Description: As a part of the Illinois Secretary of State Graduated Licensing Program, we offer a four-phased driver education program for sophomore students during the second year of Physical Education.
- The course is divided into three phases.
- Phase 1: Classroom – The study of the rules and laws governing the safe operation of a motor vehicles for a minimum of 30 classroom hours.
- Phase 2: Traffic – The traffic experience is a culmination of each student’s abilities learned from the previous phases. Students should have 10 supervised driving hours by their first traffic. Students will be driving on the streets with an instructor. The final product is a knowledgeable, safe and courteous driver.
- Location: Mather Driver Education Range Trailer (Small trailer behind Mather's building off of California Ave)
- Weekdays: Monday through Thursday, 3:45pm- 5:30pm
- Saturdays & Summer: Saturday, 7,9 OR 11.
- Requirements: Wear shoes that cover your entire foot (no sandals),
- Bring your permit (you will not be able to drive without a permit)
FEES FOR PERMITS AND BEHIND THE WHEEL LAB FEE
- Permit application, transcripts, or report card from your home school
- Parent and Student needed for signatures on permit application
- $20 Money Order/Personal check made payable to Illinois Secretary of State (for permit)
- $50 Driver Education lab fee payable online ONLY at CPS E-pay
- NO CASH ACCEPTED
Permit Application (You will need a code from your teacher)
Secretary of State website
If you have any questions please feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To reschedule missed traffic days you need to come to the trailer to reschedule your next dates.
If you lost your last day letter, click on the link below.driver ed last day