Financial Aid Information
Most colleges offer some form of financial aid. Financial aid comes from many different sources but you must apply in order to get it. The financial aid application opens October 1st and must be filled out during your senior year. For more information on financial aid, click here.
Outside of financial aid, students can also apply for various scholarships for more financial support. You can find more information on this under the "Scholarships" tab.
HOW TO APPLY
FAFSA Website fafsa.gov
The website will direct you where to go. If you are a new applicant, click "Start Here." If you are a returning applicant, click "Log In." For any additional information on FAFSA, click here.
FAFSA also has a new tool called FAFSA4caster which will provide you with a free early estimate on your eligibility for federal student aid. Click here to be redirected to the website which provides more information on it.
INFORMATION YOU MAY NEED TO COMPLETE FAFSA
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Number (only if the student is not a US Citizen)
- Federal tax returns, W-2's, and other income-related records
- Banking statements and any records of investments (if applicable)
- An FSA ID to sign the FAFSA form electronically (you can create this as you fill out the application or beforehand here)
- List of colleges the student is interested in attending
FOR ADDITIONAL HELP
There will be various workshops throughout the semester to help students complete the application.