Student Attendance SY22-23
The following are procedures for reporting your child's absence.
Please note: Emails CANNOT be accepted to report your child’s absence.
Please call 773-534-2350 EXT #3. Only a parent or guardian can call in to report a student's absence.
In order to excuse your child’s absence you will need to either call the school’s attendance office or send a signed note to the school (it must be a reason that CPS recognizes.)
CPS recognizes six reasons for an absence to be considered excused:
- Student illness
- Observance of a religious holiday
- Death in the immediate family
- Family Emergency
- Circumstances which cause reasonable concern for your child's safety or
- Sounding "Taps" at a military honors funeral held in this State for a deceased
- A student’s parent or legal guardian is an active duty member of the uniformed services and has been called to duty for, is on leave from, or has immediately returned from deployment to a combat zone or combat-support postings.
- Other situations beyond the control of the student
Meet one of the valid causes for absence indicated above AND be memorialized through a paper, signed and dated note OR called into the school’s attendance office.
Your written note and call should include the following information:
- Student's name
- ID number
- Date(s) of absence
- Reason for absence
- Parent/guardian signature, date, and phone number
For additional information on excused absences, please visit the CPS Excused Absence webpage.
Please contact Michelle Jaghi - Attendance Coordinator